Monday, January 31, 2011

The Waiting Game...

Last Tuesday, I went to the doctor for my 37 week checkup. We found out that I was 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced. I was very surprised to hear that and started eating spicy food, pineapple, walking, etc. I had a few contractions after the appointment but nothing long enough or consistent enough to send me in.

Then the ER visit happened Thursday night so I wasn't focused on trying to get Parker to come. Then by Friday afternoon, Luke had developed a pretty bad cough. We thought it was just allergies at first because of the congestion, runny nose and sneezing. As the coughing got worse we called the on-call doctor and he called in a steroid for what possibly could be croup. If getting stitches wasn't scary enough for this pregnant mommy, the helplessness of not being able to take my baby's cough away was! Poor Luke had a rough weekend (along with Mommy and Daddy)!

Jonathan and I slept in Luke's room so when he woke up coughing in a panic, we would be right there. He stopped having the bad coughing attacks Sunday night but is still coughing a little from the congestion this morning.

When it looked like Luke was turning the corner yesterday, I began walking like crazy and bouncing on my pilates ball. So much so that I strained my round ligament muscle....darn it! That was not pleasant. I have given up on bringing Parker here with the old wives tales. I go back to the doctor tomorrow afternoon to see if I've progressed anymore.

I'm a little anxious about when Parker will come because Luke's birthday party is in 5 days!! I really don't want to be in the hospital for Luke's party or his birthday on Sunday. I can say that I know it's all going to work out and be fine, but it's hard for me to really believe it! :) Stay tuned for the update!

3 comments:

  1. Y'all have been through it the last couple of days! Praying for you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you! So different with #2! We slept on Evan's floor the night before Abbie was born because he had the stomach bug. I progressed 1cm a week until at 39wks I was walking around at 6cm. I even mowed our lawn and the one next door! I finally begged my midwife to just break my water and be done. Praying Parker comes soon and easily! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete