Sunday, January 23, 2011

Finishing up some projects

There have been a few things that have been on my "To Do" list before Parker's arrival.

- We've moved Luke into his big boy bed and redecorated his room
- We've set up Parker's nursery and washed his clothes
- I've made signs for both the boys rooms
- I put all of our home videos from 2010 onto DVDs to make room for videos of Parker

Today I finished the boys brother shirts. I saw some shirts on etsy that I loved but I just can't spend $20 per shirt right now (we're about to have 2 in diapers!!).

I followed a tutorial on appliqueing from Life Frosting blog. I found a package of 5" x 5" fabric squares at Hobby Lobby for $3. I picked 3 of the least girly ones. :) I got Luke's shirt from Hobby Lobby for $3 and already had the white onesie for Parker. I bought half a yard of Wonder Under for $1 (that stuff is amazing!!). I figured out what size and font I wanted the letters to be and cut them out on my cricut. Then I traced the letters on the back of the fabric. It turned out being easier to hand stitch the letters on the shirts for a little extra security than to sew them on.

Surprising, it didn't take long to finish at all! And I only ended up spending $7 on both shirts! That makes this Mommy very happy. :) Here's the finished products:




Some of the other projects that I have left to do are:

- finishing up stuff for Luke's birthday party
- making candy bar wrappers that say "It's a boy!" to take to the hospital
- taking down my craft table/station in my bedroom (tear) to make room for the bassinet
- and if there's time, I'd like to make a few more meals to put in the freezer for after Parker

It's about to get crazy for the Mitchells!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment