Monday, February 14, 2011

Parker Landon is here!

Our baby boy is finally here! We got to the hospital Friday morning around 5:30 AM and got checked in to our labor and delivery room. They started the pitocin around 7 AM and my doctor was in shortly after that to check me. I was dilated to 4 cm and he broke my water.

The contractions were coming every 2-3 minutes and were moderate. I decided to see how long I could go without an epidural and when they started to get intense I asked the nurse to check me and see how much longer it would be. When she told me I was a 6 and it would probably be another hour at least, I decided it was time! That was probably a mistake to wait that long now that I look back... It was hard to stay still for the epidural and bend over through my contractions. Once I had that baby I was good! I did have the shakes pretty bad, which made my mom and Jonathan nervous, but I wasn't in any pain.

Since I got my epidural later, I couldn't feel the contractions or really any pressure. My nurse checked me and I was at a 10 and had no idea! I pushed on a few contractions and my nurse decided to call my doctor. Parker was here about 20 minutes later.

Friday, February 11th at 1:29 PM, 9 lbs even and 20 1/4 inches long!


We were able to go home the next afternoon! It was so nice being able to take a hot shower in my own shower! Recovery has gone a lot better this time than I remember with Luke.

Luke doesn't know what to think of his baby brother just yet. We have had to bribe him to take pictures and show any affection toward his brother! :)


Both the boys happened to be in red pajamas this morning so we decided to take "Valentine's Day" pictures. The first two pictures were without a bribe and last one he was promised a toy!


3 comments:

  1. umm...what?!!! lol I felt everything and pretty much told my nurse I needed to push even though I had never done it before. I asked for more drugs in my epidural and she said it wouldn't help..probably not true! I am so jealous that you pushed out a nine pounder in that short of time! You are quite a woman! Congrats on Parker's arrival! bryan and I also commented that Jonathan probably didn't do as much work as Bryan did considering he was still wearing a sweatshirt. I might have torn bryan's shirt a little :) Hopefully my next baby will come as easy as Parker- for Bryan's sake too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! He is such a cutie!! Too funny about bribing Luke for pictures! Thankful delivery went well and that you and baby are doing great!

    ReplyDelete