Thursday, March 26, 2015

Unexpected Changes Coming...

You know the Lord's timing is quite unexpected sometimes! We love Abilene. We love the family the Lord's given us here. We love the community we have. But the Lord has shown us our time in Abilene is coming to a close.

Jonathan has accepted a teaching position at Stephen F. Austin State University. We'll be moving to Nacogdoches, Texas this summer.

Jonathan wasn't really looking for another job. He loves it at Hardin-Simmons University and has enjoyed his time there. We kind of went out on a limb with SFA thinking if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. We like our life here and the worst scenario in this situation is to continue living the life we love with people we love.

This truly is a bittersweet thing. I'm really excited about being so close to our families, but right now it's not what I'm thinking about. I really feel like I'm grieving. This has been the longest we've stayed in one place since we've been married. This was where we bought our first home, brought our second baby home and ventured into foster care. This is the place the Lord provided family when our families were so far away. This is where the body of Christ has so beautifully demonstrated His unconditional love for us.

I've been crying for months knowing that this may be the outcome. I have a hard time talking about it still because of the tears that well up.  And my insides twist at the thought of starting over. The thought of saying our goodbyes breaks my heart.

We have so enjoyed our time in Abilene. We feel a peace about this decision in the midst of our sadness. And we're anxious to see what the Lord has in store for our family in Nacogdoches.

2 comments:

  1. My dad was born, raised, and is buried right outside of Nacogdoches. My mom graduated from SFA. Nacogdoches and SFA are both beautiful. Humid, but beautiful. You will love it there. Many extended family members live there, so I try and return several times a year. We'll have to get together on one of my trips! Praying blessing over you as you prepare to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, Jonathan and I both went to SFA and that's where we met. We do love it there and will have to catch you sometime!!

      Delete