Tuesday, August 19, 2014

It's coming...

That thing that I always heard from others... "Before you know it he'll be starting kindergarten!"... it's here. We have meet the teacher on Thursday and there's just no way that can be right. 

I thought having all these other kids in the house would help with this big, new transition for me. And I guess it has a little because I don't really have much spare time to think about it. But in the still and quiet of nap time here I sit crying and trying to wrap my head around it. 

He's got his school supplies. He's got his backpack and lunch box. He's got his new school clothes and his first day of school shirt that he picked out himself. He's ready. But I'm not so sure. 

I come from a family of criers. When one starts we all start (we're sympathy criers!) and it does not take much to get us going. At this point I'm just praying I make it out to the car before it comes! I'm not typically a sappy person, but I barely made it through meet the teacher last year for PRESCHOOL! My goodness woman pull yourself together! Like I couldn't even speak to his teacher because the tears were already welling up. 

This means he's not my little baby anymore. 

He's grown out of needing me for a lot of things. 

And it's so fun to see the gifts that the Lord has placed in him!

 But I'm going to miss my Lukey. And I'm going to miss his little kid-ness. And I'm not ready for him to go to college!! (Insert crying hysterically emoticon!) 


Oh my sweet Lukey-pookey. The Lord gave me my heart's desire through you. I love being your mommy. I love watching you accept whatever foster child comes into our home as your own brother or sister. I love seeing the Lord's compassion and love in you and it makes my heart burst when I see you extend that to others. You defend others in need (so much so that we have to remind you we're the authority!). You make us smile and laugh all the time. I can not wait to see what big plans the Lord has in store for you.  I know you're a bit worried about this new big school and a new teacher and new classmates. And that's why I'm praying this verse over you as begin this new journey... "Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love." I pray that you always know Who stands beside you and goes before you no matter where you go or what you face. I love you Bubba.


1 comment:

  1. Love this, thanks for sharing. Boo hop, i wish they didn't have to grow up too!!!

    ReplyDelete