Thursday, April 11, 2013

Easter Weekend

On Good Friday we met up with some friends to have an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids.


Off they went!



Luke taught Daddy about confetti eggs :)


Then, on Saturday, we got to celebrate Caden turning 2!



I didn't do the whole Easter meal this year because we have picky eaters and I did not want to eat ham for 2 weeks... but we did get to have a special treat after dinner!


 Then we came home and dyed eggs!


The boys got to open their Easter baskets Easter morning (I need to be better about hiding their stuff!)

 Just keeping it real...

 Thrilled right?

On Sunday afternoon Luke and I made Resurrection Rolls. I had seen this idea on Pinterest for a while now, but we haven't had time to do it in the past. You get a marshmallow (to represent Jesus) and dip it in butter and cinnamon and sugar (spices). Then wrap it up in a crescent roll (the tomb) and put it in the
oven (for 3 days).

Apparently I did not "seal the tomb" tight enough because some marshmallows oozed out. I didn't let Luke look at them in the oven because I didn't want him to be distraught seeing "Jesus" ooze out into the oven. So when they were done I cleaned up the tray a bit and then told Luke it was time to open the tomb.

We talked about what happen to Jesus after he was in the tomb for 3 days. I asked Luke what the tomb looked like after 3 days and he said, "Empty." So we opened our "tombs" and I said, "Luke what happened??" And he screamed, "It's empty!!" He was very surprised and excited. He wasn't a huge fan of eating it but he was a fan of eating the marshmallows! (See photo below!)

No comments:

Post a Comment