Thursday, April 11, 2013

Easter Family Pictures

After church we attempted some family pictures. It is hit or miss with these goofballs of mine! And this was the best group shot we got...


Aw, cute brother pics...


Reality...

 

Then they cooperated with Jonathan and got the cutest Dad and son pic!

 
 And now it's Mommy's turn! And what do they do?!?


Man, I birthed you for the love! Can you not give me a decent picture?! Ah, making memories...

This Easter was very special for us as a family. Luke prayed to receive Christ in the middle of March! This is something Jonathan and I have been praying for each of our boys since they were born. But recently, I prayed a little more boldly for Luke's salvation. We are reading through Francis Chan's Forgotten God and it is incredible! Highly recommend it!! Anyway, one of the chapters says...

"It's scary to pray boldly for change or freedom from sin, because if nothing happens, then doesn't that mean God failed? Doesn't that mean that His Spirit isn't all we've been told He is?"

"This means we ask for less, expect less and are satisfied with less because we are afraid to ask for or expect more. We even convince ourselves that we don't want more - that we have all the "God" we need or could want. I can't imagine how much it pains God to see His children hold back from relationship with the Holy Spirit out of fear that He won't come through."

Luke knew about heaven and hell and our sin that separates us from God. It was the waiting for him to be ready to make the decision himself that was hard for me. So I prayed boldly (and only told Jonathan) that the Holy Spirit would convict Luke to make that decision by the end of March. I knew that if it didn't happen in that time frame that the Lord had not let me down. But I also knew that I was praying for something that the Lord had promised us (Romans 1:16). I'm not sure if Luke was just trying to stall for nap time or what but we had a great conversation about heaven and hell and how believers should live their lives. I said something like..."And when you make that decision someday..." and he interrupted me with "I'm ready to do it Mommy!" Uh... let's talk to your Daddy later! haha 

Later that night, we put Parker down and talked with Luke and prayed with him as he made a decision that will change the rest of his life. The God of the universe heard my plea and He delivered. He didn't have to but He used the timing of my son's salvation to speak to me too. Our God is awesome!! I've cried every time, since then, when we sing a worship song about salvation. God not only sent His Son to die for ME but for my sons. That blows my mind and I am forever grateful for His grace, mercy and forgiveness. What a sweet Easter this has been!


No comments:

Post a Comment