Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Operation Christmas Child

This year our family did two shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child (http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/). I love doing these kinds of things with my kids. I won't go into my full soapbox, but I do not want my kids to grow up thinking they are entitled to whatever they want. I want them to have a servant's heart and long to help others who are less fortunate than we are. Ok I'm done :)

We took the boys to Target and they were able to pick out toys and clothes for a boy and a girl. Usually I'm a sucker and let them get a treat from the $1 section at Target but not this trip. I wanted them to give to others without getting something. 

They did great and Luke LOVED helping me put them together!



Jonathan had to intervene as Parker was trying to dump the box!


I'm so proud of Luke and I hope we're able to do things like this often with both of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment