Monday, November 5, 2012

Treasure Hunt

On Labor Day, I didn't have Braxton so I wanted to take the boys up to Jonathan's office to have a picnic lunch. Luke has also gotten to watch the Disney cartoon "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" a few times and has been interested in treasure maps. So I decided to combine the ideas.

Monday morning, before Jonathan left for work, I brought out their treasure map.


Luke colored the map 


and we started with the first clue... Clue #1: Follow your treasure map to find your next clue. Look for your boat that's white and blue. It's hiding among the bushes so big, look in the front and dig, dig, dig.


Clue #2: You've found your next clue, hip hip for you! Head to the play set not for Luke's rocks look down below in the sand box. 



So the fun activity that was supposed to go with Clue #2 backfired on Mommy... The bag in the sandbox had their swimming suits in it. We were going to play at the splash park, but it wasn't working. Another parent tried to call the office but they were closed because it was Labor Day. Drats! Then I thought, "we can just go to Sonic for a treat!" But I discovered that I had forgotten my wallet at home. Double drats! We drove home, I got my wallet, got our treats at Sonic, and created our own splash park in the back yard. Sheesh!

Clue #3: We're headed to the north part of town, to Daddy's work where a tower can be found. You're close to your treasure but it's not in a pot, look on the ground where X marks the spot. 

We picked up our picnic lunch from Chick-fil-A and headed up to campus. Luke took off running to the tower! (Excuse my high shrieking voice of excitement....)


I think Luke really enjoyed it and Parker, well, Parker went along for the ride! They especially loved getting to see their Daddy in the middle of the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment