Thursday, May 13, 2010

T - 2 Days

One of the things I'll be making for the graduation party is graduation cap cookies. I was originally going to do this from Bakerella....

Then I saw this in one of my cookie cookbooks and decided to switch because Jonathan's favorite dessert is cookies...

But I was told by my cookie-loving husband that this one was TOO much cookie! Can you believe it? So I decided to morph the two ideas together.

This is a picture of the pieces ready to be assembled...

When I was playing around with option #2 I didn't like the icing look (mainly because I'm a perfectionist and couldn't get the icing smooth enough!). So on my final product, I dyed the cookie dough red so I didn't have to ice anything! And baking the "bottoms" of the caps in cupcake papers it made the ridged look like the Reeses! I was very pleased! So I made all 50 of these a week or so ago and froze them so I would just have to assemble. Now that they are thawing on my counter I'm a little nervous... I'm just hoping they don't sag or break and then we will have to make 50 more tomorrow night before the party! ugh!!!

Oh and I got a few pics of my little helper....

Just precious if I do say so myself! :) He didn't really help I just wanted to post some pictures!

I'll post the finished product soon!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures!!! I'm looking forward to trying out the cookies. -MM

    ReplyDelete