Saturday, January 2, 2016

Our Fixer Upper - Nursery: About Finished!

Baby girl's room is just about complete! To see the complete process to get it here look back at the Before and In Progress post. 

Reese's crib. 
We reused a crib that we had and I made the ruffled bed skirt out of the inspiration fabric for her nursery colors. I also used those fabrics with a few extras for the garland hanging over her bed. 

The accent wall. 
We replaced the blinds. And added the farmhouse trim around the window. 

The gallery wall. 

We added the wire basket for book storage and built the side table. And the lamp to make a comfy spot to read. We reused a dresser that we had and I lightened it up a bit with the girly glass knobs. The pieces I used in the gallery arrangement are so fun and special to me. Reese already loves to look up at those pieces! And I'll continue to add pieces to it when we get her newborn pictures printed and framed. 

The closet. 
I know it's kinda silly to include pictures of a closet in a nursery reveal, but it's kind of a big deal to me! Ha! This was the before of the closet: 

It's hard to tell from this picture, but those are ugly orange bifold doors and shelves on the right and left sides of the closet that stuck out past the closet opening. I chose to maximize that space a different way...

Built in cubbies with baskets for storage and two levels for hanging clothes. 

We updated the doors and added the same farmhouse trim like around the window. I still need to paint the closet doors and trim and put on the door knobs. (That's what Spring Break is for right?!)

We replaced the baseboards. And other little things like updating the ceiling fan and outlets/light switches really completed the new look! One day I'll add crown moulding in here too. 

So there you have it! Reesey girl's room. I found myself just sitting in there before she was here. Just taking it all in. It's good to have it pretty much finished from top to bottom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment