Sunday, August 25, 2013

Multipanel Mirror DIY

Now that we have our entertainment center built and in place 

I have to figure out what to do above the mantle now that the TV isn't there...

I saw this mirror at Pottery Barn and fell in love with it! But $700?!?! Um, no. 

The wheels started turning. When I was cleaning up the garage I came across 7 13"x13" mirror tiles that we had used as part of our centerpieces at our wedding 6 years ago. 

I kept going through left over materials from the entertainment center and came across almost everything I needed to make my own version. I used 1x2" trim on the outside of the mirror and pieces of very skinny moulding. We used some leftover unfinished hardboard for the backing. 


We used a type of liquid nails to adhere the trim and mirrors to the backing. I used the same Minwax Dark Walnut Stain as I did for the entertainment center. We hung it by 4 hooks just to make sure 30 pounds of mirror didn't fall on the kids...


And up it went!

I'm so excited to be able to actually decorate the mantle now! The TV was just always in the way. I'm playing around with my flower box but that's about all I've attempted!

Total cost: about $12 because of leftover materials! 
I like that a lot better than $700 for a similar look!

No comments:

Post a Comment